Nothing stands still, the updates for WP and plugins are constantly released and they are included in our template. We supplement our theme with new features and fix all the issues. Because of this our team regularly updates the theme. We recommend you always to use the last theme version to avoid the issues with incorrect template functioning. While the theme updates, the theme files will be rewritten and if you made any changes directly in them, these changes will be lost. So, if you are planning to customize your template, we insistently advise you to use Child Theme or Custom CSS area in Nesos Options in case your changes affect only CSS styles. The theme update affects only the theme files and does not influence the database. But, to avoid any difficulties, please, do the backup of theme files and data base before any update.There are 3 ways to upgrade theme.
1. Update theme via FTP
- Place your site in maintenance mode, for this you could use a plugin (ex. Ultimate Maintenance Mode, WP Maintenance Mode, … )
- Go to “yoursite/wp-content/themes” folder location and backup your Nesos theme folder by saving it to your computer, or you can choose to simply delete it. Your content will not be lost but note that if you have modifications on the theme code they will be lost. You have to reapply them after the update is
- Connect to your FTP account using
- Inside Filezilla navigate to the WordPress theme directory “yoursite/wp-content/themes”.
- Retrieve the zip file from your recently ThemeForest download and extract the file to get the updated Nesos theme folder.
- Drag and drop the new Nesos theme folder into “yoursite/wp-content/themes” and overwrite the existing
2. Update the theme automatically
- Download the Envato WordPress toolkit from here: https://github.com/envato/envato- WordPress-toolkit
- Upload and activate the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin (.zip file that you downloaded).
- Get your new API key
- Go to Envato Toolkit Menu and add your ThemeForest Username and the API Key that you generated from your account in the required fields. Save your settings. If you have problems with the update check Skip Theme Backup checkbox.
- Update the theme.
- Choose Activate the theme.
3. Update the theme via WordPress
- Deactivate the current Nesos theme from the Appearance > Themes section by activating a different theme. Once you activate a different theme, delete the Nesos theme. Don’t worry, your content will not be lost
- Get the “zip” file from your new Themeforest download (Installable WordPress file only). If you downloaded the “All Files & Documentation” from Themeforest, then you need to unzip the archive file you received, the Nesos.zip will be inside it.
- Go to Appearance > Themes, choose Add New Theme, Upload the Nesos.zip” and click on the “Install Now”
- After your upload is finished choose Activate the theme.